Eyes, Brains, and Questions

I'm going to sum this up as best as I can. Because honestly, it is sort of a long story. Last week I started having blurry vision. It lasted for about 45 minutes. The next day while I was at work the blurriness came back again, only this time MUCH worse. I couldn't even read. I totally freaked out, thinking that I had a brain tumor that was pressing against something that was messing with my vision. (I tend to jump to worst case scenarios. Not necessarily pessimistic. More like an optimist, that jumps to worst case scenarios occasionally. ;)) Anyway, I called the Optometrist, and they got me in later that afternoon. The blurriness faded throughout the day, but luckily it came back a bit at the doctor's office. I wanted it to come back, so that I could truly tell him what was happening to me. After several different tests, he seemed a bit mystified by my results. He said that my eyes were fine, but something was causing my vision to be bad. Not my eyes themselves though. Luckily. In my worst case scenario thoughts, going blind was one of them. Although I did decide that if I had to wear a patch, I'd bedazzle it. :) Anyhow, the doctor said he would call his Opthamologist specialist friend in Ft. Worth and send him my results and see what he said. Later that afternoon, he called me at work and said that the Opthamologist wanted me to have an MRI as soon as possible. That REALLY freaked me out. So fast forward to Friday. I went to my MRI at 1:30. They got me in as soon as they could. And the doctor ordered my results "STAT" which kind of freaked me out too. During the MRI they gave me that shot of dye and I didn't like that at all. It burned in my shoulder a bit. But luckily, it was over very quickly. The MRI guy told me that he would send the results to the doctor and that hopefully, my doc would get with me by the end of the day. Sure enough, the doctor's office called to tell me that my brain was normal. I'd like to think it's a bit better than "normal", but I understand they had to stick with only a few choice terms. :) So that was wonderful news! My Optometrist called me and he told me that it was great news, because he really was beginning to think that I had a leaking blood vessel, a mass, or an aneurysm! So I went to Hooper's show that evening feeling very good about things, but still wondering what the problem was. But in all honesty, the brain thing was the main thing that I was freaked out about. So even though I still had no answers, I was very happy. I went to sleep that night and after about an hour, everything started spinning out of control. I couldn't stand up. I couldn't see that well. Everything was just spinning so fast. I had to get Hooper to help me walk to the bathroom. Once I was in the restroom, I vomited for about an hour and a half. My mom came over with some anti-nausea medicine that made me feel really sleepy. After a while of not vomiting, my mom and Hooper asked me if I wanted to go back to bed. That was the LAST thing I wanted. I was so scared it would all happen again. So I requested a pillow and a blanket and I fell asleep on the bathroom floor. It was the worst I have ever felt in my entire life. Since then, I feel dizzy when I'm standing, have the hint of a headache at all times, but no more nausea. I'll take the dizziness and the headache over the nausea any day. But I still have no answers. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some bloodwork done or something and rule some more things out or find out the problem. Man, I tried to sum this all up and it was still super-duper long. My apologies. I will blog again when I know more. 


Lissa Oliver said…
I hope you get answers soon, too! I love you and I am so sorry you are going through this right now.

Popular Posts