24 weeks

This week has gone pretty smooth. I slept a lot harder than I have in previous weeks and woke up a LOT sleepier. I have been sleeping so hard that when I wake up at 2:00am for my usual urge to pee, I have creases all over the side of my body from my clothes. They are actually painful creases. But I'll gladly take them if it means I'm sleeping in the same (allowed) position for long periods of time. I say "allowed" because I'm still waking up on my back sometimes and that's a pregnancy no-no at this point. We did some more nursery work and I am SOOOO happy with the results. My friend Maggie recently got some letters to spell out her baby boy's name on the wall and it inspired me to do Finley's name on the wall also. Here is Maggie's blog site www.mgwalton.blogspot.com . It was pretty impossible to perfectly wrap the letters with the fabric like I had originally planned but then my mom had the idea to tear off strips of fabric and wrap the letters like a mummy. I am so happy with how they turned out! Hooper wanted to put the guitar in the nursery from the very beginning and I wasn't sure how exactly to get it to fit in. Finally I had the idea to paint it all white and give it a modern feel and then my mom had the idea to put the fabric on the pick guard and Hoop had the idea to make the fake strings with fabric. I LOVE it! Hooper's mom came into town this weekend and she got to see the nursery for the first time. She also got to hear Finley's heartbeat. I wish she could have felt her moving but she's been less active the past few days. She normally get a surge of energy right when I lay down to go to sleep. I surely hope that that trend doesn't stick around when she's out of my belly! The only things we are lacking for the nursery now are the pillows, the bed skirt, the window valance, and the dresser. And luckily, Hooper's mom ordered us our dresser and it'll be here this week! I am so excited! I can't wait to get everything finished in the nursery and post real pictures of every detail!


Comments

Popular Posts