27 weeks

I can't believe I will only have 13 more of these weekly blogs to write! Where am I ever going to find 13 pets for the pictures though? Ha. Of course I'll still blog after she gets here, but this specific type of blog is what I'm talking about. This past week went pretty well. I have started having a pain in my tailbone area when I sit for a while. It mainly hits me in the car on the way to or from Ft. Worth or further or at work in my seat. I think I've decided that I'm going to get a super cute cushion from Pier 1 and put it in my chair at work. I have been having the world's worst hot flashes the past two weeks. And once they hit, there is almost no getting rid of them. My coworkers all complain that I'm freezing them out but I honestly can't help it. It is awful! I've always been a very hot natured person anyway and to maximize it to this point is almost too much to bare! My indigestion is still kicking in but Zantac has become a very good friend of mine. Thursday I had my doctor's appointment where I had to drink the nasty drink and get my blood drawn to test for gestational diabetes and anemia. I haven't gotten the results yet but I am hoping that all is well. The past two days Finley has been so active! Last night I'm pretty sure she was having a party in my uterus as I was watching SNL. I love feeling her move because it assures me that she's okay for the time being. When I haven't felt her in a while I start to panic a little bit. Sometimes I nudge her just for her to nudge me back. :) We got some nursery work done this week. I got this shelf idea from a blog when I was first researching nursery ideas. It is from one of the two nurseries that were my main inspirations for Finley's. I must say, I copied it almost to a T. You can call it nursery plagiarism I suppose but I couldn't help myself. When I found the old dress of mine I instantly remembered this one photograph of a shelf in "Norah's Nursery". So I ordered a shelf from Home Depot for about $11, ordered a vase from West Elm with free shipping for $9, found the letter "F" at Hobby Lobby for $2.99 and spray painted it pink (it was black), got some fake flowers at Hobby Lobby for around $2, and found the PERFECT nursery alphabet art on etsy for $20. We already had the frame but it was brown so my lovely husband spray painted it white and voila! I love this little area of the nursery! I am very pleased with how it turned out. So now we are only waiting on a few more things for the entire nursery to be finished. Something tells me that even when it is completely "finished" I'll still find some more things to add and create. :) Below are the two nurseries that inspired me from the beginning. I still don't know how to insert links so just forgive me and copy and paste if you want to see them. You will clearly see a LOT of my designs and ideas came from them. The shelf is the one that is the most copy catted! What can I say? I love a good idea when I see one!
http://designdazzle.blogspot.com/2009/11/yellow-aqua-red-baby-nursery.html
http://designdazzle.blogspot.com/2009/08/hip-fab-baby-nursery.html

For my photograph today I have no makeup on and I wanted Spanky to be in it since the others have gotten to be in one. You can tell that he is scared because he is standing on the gliding ottoman. I just thought it was funny. Maybe I'll have to go outside and find lizards and toads for the coming week's photos! Ha!




Comments

Lissa Michelle said…
nudger lol. shelf looks great! and spanky is hilarious!
faith said…
I can't believe it either! I cant wait to nudge my little bean!

Popular Posts