5 Weeks





Well we had Finley's ultrasound done Monday and Tuesday her doctor's office called and said we need to go to the Orthopedist at Cook's next week. :( I was trying to be very optimistic, but that news makes me feel more pessimistic. I just hate the thought of her having to wear a harness. I googled information about hip dysplasia in infants and basically, the only form of treatment that I've found is that harness.

I know that I'm being very silly about the whole thing because the truth is, there are far worse things out there than a little harness for a number of weeks. And being at Cook's and seeing the children watching a Valentine's Day puppet show in their hospital gowns reminded me just of that. It was pretty heartbreaking to think of the families that pretty much have to live up there while their children get treatment. I pray that we are never one of those families for any reason. Anyway, on a happier note, Monday was also Valentine's Day. Finley wore an adorable heart dress for the occasion and my dear husband brought me some roses and some tulips and left me a sweet card.




Oh, some great news is that Finley is DEFINITELY, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT smiling at us on purpose. She has smiled at Hooper, my mom, Anna and me. I took these pictures with my phone one morning when I was talking to her and she was just so happy!


Sunday night Hooper and I left Finley with Anna and Eddie and we took Elliott and Beckett to Cici's. It was a great evening. I feel that it is important to spend some quality time with the girls with Finley, but also without her sometimes. Up until 5 weeks ago, it was just the two of them. Now in the next few weeks they will have a baby sister also. They are both excited to have baby Bennett around, but I just think that it's important to have moments with just them sometimes.

I got a pedicure yesterday with Anna and the guy that works there made a comment about both of us being pregnant. That was a blow to the old self esteem. I'm definitely not losing weight like I had hoped. We did take Finley for her first walk this weekend and it was very pleasant. I hope that I start taking her on walks daily when the weather allows. Maybe that'll assist the weight loss. A girl can dream. *Sigh.

Anyway, I can't believe it's been 5 weeks. Here is her birth announcement. And below are her "one month photos".


Comments

Keri Fleming said…
LOVE LOVE the birth announcements!

Popular Posts