16 & 17 Weeks


16 weeks

I truly meant to post a blog last week and every day I just kept running out of time. The past two weeks we have started feeding her rice cereal. I can't believe she is old enough and big enough to eat cereal! That is nuts. She doesn't seem to love it, but she doesn't seem to hate it either. The doctor said it is mostly just to teach her to eat from a spoon and to push food from the front of her mouth to the back of her mouth. We went for her recheck last week and Dr. Kennedy still feels a click in her hips. :( We are still on the nights and naps routine and go back for a recheck June 1st. Today we had Finley's 4 month checkup and she got more shots. She is now 13 lbs and 2 ounces and is 24 1/2 inches long. Her weight is in the 50th percentile, head is in 50th and her length is in 60-65th. She used to be in the 90th in length but Dr. Watts said that they usually find where they will be around 6-9 months. So maybe she'll be tall again next time. We have moved up to size 2 diapers but she can still wear 1s. Her waist is very thin so the 2s are big, but her thighs are so chunky that the 1s are small. I am writing this blog in my email because blogger is down for maintenance right now, so there's a chance that I might not be able to post this until tomorrow or even later, but I didn't want to wait any longer to write it all out. Finley has had a little cold for about a week now but it isn't keeping her down. As a matter of fact, she doesn't even seem to notice it. Last Sunday was my very first Mother's Day and it was great. Hooper offered to take Finley first thing that morning and let me sleep in but I didn't take him up on the offer. Then he made me some waffles for breakfast. At midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning I had to wake up and feed Finley and he jumped out of bed and grabbed the computer to show me the video that he and Finley made me. Here is the link. Watch it all the way through because it made me laugh pretty hard. They also got me cards and a gift certificate for a pedicure and an eye brow waxing. (I am in DESPERATE need for both.) It was a great first Mother's Day. Finley and Hoop did well. :) I need to set a major goal for myself to blog on Wednesdays like I originally planned. I hate blogging late.


17 weeks

Comments

Popular Posts