Renal Sonograms, Minivans, and Ear Infections

Since my last post, we had Fisher's first renal sonogram. Everything came back clear- Praise the Lord! They do these sonograms because of the higher likelihood of wilms tumors with the hemihypertrophy. So the clear sonogram means no tumors. After we go to the appointment with the geneticist, I think they'll tell us how often he'll have to have the sonograms. When I looked all of this up online I got mixed answers ranging from every 3 months to 6 months. The orthopedist's office is who called to let us know that the sonogram was clear, and they said they'd see Fisher back again in August. So I'm assuming twice a year with them unless I notice any growth changes with his leg. So now we just wait for that appointment with genetics on April 29th. (Still hoping they'll call us in sooner if someone cancels.) Here's the cutie pie in his little hospital gown waiting for his sonogram. He did great for it, by the way!

On a totally different note, remember this post? I was so sad to trade in my Navigator, but super excited for the Durango. Well... our family has officially outgrown the Durango. I've been daydreaming about owning a minivan ever since I was put in one by Enterprise while the Durango was in the shop last year. (I was even tempted by the minivans when I got the Durango, but just couldn't see myself as the minivan mama yet. A second kid and experiencing the automatic doors will change that feeling for someone real fast!) I got a little taste of the awesomeness, and my cousin has told me for two years how awesome hers is. Last month a good friend of mine got one, and when my sister in law had one as a rental, I took it for a test spin and realized that I really, really needed/wanted one. I finally decided to make the plunge last week and we got a Chrysler Town & Country. I am so excited, and Finley thinks it's the coolest thing ever. Elliott, Beckett and Bennett think it's pretty rad, too. In fact, I picked Elliott up from school yesterday and she said, "You're the luckiest aunt ever." I said, "Why?" and she said, "Because you have a minivan." She also told me that she was glad that I was the one that picked her up because she got to ride in the van. :) I won't go on and on about the van like I really want to, but just know that when I'm sitting at my table in my house during my lunch break, I eat my food in a hurry so that I can go sit in my van. 


A couple of weeks ago we went to Hooper's mom's house in Seguin. While we were there, Fisher slept HORRIBLY! He didn't want to sleep at all. All he wanted was to be held. It was so not like him, but we just assumed that he was acting that way because he was out of his element. When we got home that Sunday night, he wasn't any better. We knew it had to be his ears, and luckily we were able to get in to see Dr. Watts first thing Monday morning. Sure enough, double ear infection. :( We got some antibiotics and some numbing drops (best thing ever!) and I think we're almost infection free now. It was so hard to see him so sad and unhappy. He's usually such a happy baby, and he was so unlike himself. The only positive thing from that ordeal was that I got a lot of great snuggle time with him. 


Here are a few more pictures of the littles from the past few weeks. Sometimes I sit back and wonder how in the world I got so lucky that God chose me to be their mother. 






Oh! Before I end this, I turned 30 (gulp) last month and my wonderful husband and my family threw me the best surprise party ever! I'll get the photos from Anna and hopefully write a post all about it soon. 

Comments

Popular Posts