4 Weeks





Finley has her first cold. :( Sunday night she coughed a lot during the night and at 8:00am I called her pediatrician's office to see if we could get in. Since there were 4 snow days last week, I assumed that they would be so busy and not be able to see us until Tuesday. (She already had a recheck set up for Tuesday to check her clicking hip again.) But much to my satisfaction (partly because I was worried about my baby girl, and partly because the Tuesday appt was set for 8:15am and it was my birthday and that's a little too early for me.) they were actually able to see us Monday instead. Finley had a fever of 100.3 and Dr. Watts diagnosed her with her first cold. She hasn't been fussy or anything, just very very snotty. Her snot drains down and causes her to cough. We have propped her Pack N Play up on some books so that she is not laying flat, and during the day she is pretty much in her bouncy chair or in my arms all day. We have used that aspirator on her snot so many times that she has started to sort of get used to it. Don't get me wrong, she definitely doesn't prefer it, but she doesn't cry every time now. Dr. Watts did check her hip again and sadly, she has to have a sonogram on her hip at Cook's hospital on Monday. I am praying and hoping for a clean bill of health after the sonogram, but we got our estimate for our portion of the bill today and it ain't pretty. But I'd definitely rather be safe than sorry. If she does have something going on with her hip, it will be so much better for us to get this all taken care of while she's a baby than wait until she's older and her bones have already grown. They weighed her at her appointment and she weighs 9 lbs 4 oz. The nurse said, "That's all length! She is so long!" But they didn't check her length again because it wasn't a well visit. Other than her cold and the dreaded sonogram news, the week has been great. I can't believe how fast time has gone by really. It's pretty crazy to think that I will return to work in no time. It actually makes me sad because I wont be home until after 6 on the days I work and it seems like I'll have to feed her, feed myself and then go to sleep. The good thing is that I only work 4 days a week though, so I'll still have 3 days a week to spend with my baby girl. :) Here are a few pictures from the past week. Please pray that next Wednesday's post will say that the ultrasound showed a healthy hip!


Comments

Popular Posts