15 Weeks & 1 Day

I've started feeling much better for the most part. I have some bad days, but they are much fewer and farther between than they have been. I've listened to the baby's heartbeat on our little at home doppler (Angel Sounds) twice now and found it with no problem. I even put my phone up to the earphones and made a voice memo of it to send out to people I thought might enjoy hearing it i.e. family and other pregnant friends. The baby's heartbeat is still in the 170s.

The other morning I woke up and I could actually feel where the baby was. It was crazy. My stomach was all mushy (something only we chubbier women can understand) except for in one area about 2-3 inches below my belly button towards the left side. There was a solid mass there. It was bizarre feeling. I had Hooper feel it, too. I don't recall feeling that with Finley this early.

A friend of ours just had her second baby last week, and they didn't know what they were having until they actually had her. I loved the anticipation I felt when I knew she had had the baby, but she hadn't said if it was a boy or a girl yet. For the first time EVER, it made me question if we should find out the sex of this baby. This is TOTALLY out of character for me. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've said the words, "I would NEVER do that" before. And here we are... we have decided not to find out the sex of Baby Fisher. I think I may feel different about it if we didn't have a unisex name, or if we had NO baby items at all. I'm just going to do a unisex nursery, get a few onesies with the letter F monogrammed on them, and fly by the seat of my pants for the next 6 months. The question is, will we be able to sit through the big sonogram December 6th and really not find out? I guess we'll see. :)

Comments

Popular Posts